Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WACKY REGIONAL HEADLINES

In the course of my work, I peruse the web page of many a small-town paper, and let me tell you, shit out there in America is crazy. From Bethlehem, PA's Express Times:

Recent thefts target stores that carry high-end meats


The rest of the story suggests that "The desperate need for drugs and the cash to buy them" is prompting "addicts" to walk into high-end grocery stories (the story is illustrated with a truly banal photo of a Wegman's), load up their shopping carts and walk out. Now, I'm not sure exactly how that would get you money for meth - second-hand meat selling? Passing your grocery savings on to your meth habit?

To me, this sounds a lot more like the behavior of cash-strapped suburbanites unwilling to give up their designer lifestyle along with that house that was foreclosed on. In other words, sounds like someone has been watching The Riches a bit too much.

Deaden your brain with the full story here

No comments: